Graz Airport: Summer flight schedule kicks off
Around 50 destinations, 140 weekly scheduled flights, and a varied charter programme.
Feldkirchen bei Graz, 29 March 2016: Traditionally, summer begins on the last Sunday in March at Graz Airport. A rich programme of flights with interesting new services promises variety, relaxation, art, culture and, if you like, a touch of adventure.
“The summer flight schedule offers new services not only with regard to scheduled flights, but also holiday flights – back-to-back charters, short-haul back-to-back charters and also special flights”, Gerhard Widmann is pleased to announce to his passengers. “We hope that these new services will meet with a good response so that we can run them again next year.”
New, old-established, and popular holiday flight destinations
This summer the flight schedule features new back-to-back charters to Ibiza, the beautiful Balearic island that has so much more to offer than parties, and Olbia in Sardinia. Among the new services are the short-haul back-to-back charters to Bastia in Corsica and the special flights to Murcia, Bilbao, Lakselv, Valencia and Tirana. Of course, we are also operating flights to traditional holiday destinations such as Antalya, Brač, Naples, Burgas or the many Greek islands. This summer there is even a daily direct flight to Palma! Thanks to the numerous departures, this wonderful Balearic island is also the ideal destination for all manner of short trips.
Increased scheduled services offer long-haul and city tourists more flying options
Flights to the major transfer airports are particularly interesting for city tourists, but also for long-haul tourists, and there are some impressive enhancements here this summer too:
thanks to optimised flight times to Berlin, passengers now have as many as 13 weekly flights to and from Berlin as of 13 April. With optimised times, passengers can take advantage of a host of (international) onward connections and even day trips are easy.
As of mid-June there will be one direct flight a day to Istanbul, so passengers can benefit from many of the 280 or so onward connections in the Turkish Airlines network via Istanbul. Last but not least, flights to Majorca are being increased. With several flights a week already on the schedule, departures are being upped to 7 a week by summer – making the popular island easily accessible once a day from Graz and therefore extremely attractive for short breaks too.
You can view the summer flight schedule of Graz Airport online at www.flughafen-graz.at.
Graz Airport’s 2016 summer flight schedule at a glance:
- 50 scheduled and charter destinations
- International connections via hubs in 2 airline alliances (Star Alliance, oneworld)
- Around 140 scheduled flights a week (Berlin/13x, Düsseldorf/13x, Frankfurt/28x, Istanbul/7x, Munich/26 x, Palma/7x, Stuttgart/11x, Vienna/27x, Zürich/6x)
- 10 Greek destinations: Chania and Heraklion/Crete, Kavala, Cephalonia, Corfu, Kos, Rhodes, Skiathos, Thira/Santorini, Zakynthos
- Ibiza and Olbia – now running from GRZ
- and the old-established weekly services, e.g. to Egypt (Hurghada), Bulgaria (Burgas), Italy (Naples), Croatia (Brač), Spain (Tenerife and 7x/week to Palma de Mallorca), Tunisia (Enfidha) and Turkey (several times a week to Antalya)
- Special highlights once again on this summer flight schedule include numerous single flights and short-haul back-to-back charters, e.g. to Bastia, Bari, Catania, Dublin, Funchal, Paris, Rome or Tallinn.
- Details of the summer flight schedule: www.flughafen-graz.at
New scheduled flights:
- 13 x weekly to Berlin with airberlin – off-peak flights as of 13 April with airberlin including a nightstop in Graz for even more onward connections from Graz. This also makes the markets Scandinavia, Germany, Poland and London, for example, particularly attractive. Long-haul flights are available to Chicago, New York or Abu Dhabi, among other destinations. With the early plane arriving in Berlin at 07:40 and the return flight to Graz at 21:25, this connection is also ideal for day trips.
- 7x/week to Palma with NIKI – this summer NIKI is running a daily connection to Majorca: ideal for short breaks and weekend excursions.
- 7x/week to Istanbul with Turkish Airlines: as of mid-June the metropolis on the Bosphorus can be reached daily from/to GRZ, thus allowing passengers to take advantage of the 280 or so onward connections in the Turkish Airlines network.